Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Recuerdo

So, I was just reminded by the Facebook that my birthday is tomorrow. Teenage personalities are so very pliable, and I find it strange and worrisome, but probably for the best. A few years ago, around this time, I was an incredibly different person. I was angrier. I was more impulsive. I did what I wanted when I felt like it; my existence was based solely on instant gratification. I was the happiest and the saddest I have ever been. I was selfish and selfless, in such different capacities than I am now. I isolated myself, because I knew the world was rough. I made very poor decisions, and I took the consequences with a stoicism I now envy. I was living quickly. A tiny, resilient, rebellious flame, and god help anyone who crossed my path.

I'm changing, slowly. Hopefully for the better.

I don't know where I am, and I do not know where I am going. But at this moment in time, I want to be going somewhere. I've set myself up for a big fall, but I've made leaps of faith before.

But it's seven plus one from here to where I wanna be ~ Floating Bridge by MC Frontalot

0 comments: